6 Tips to Rock Red Hair
Posted on November 21 2020
Whether you’re a natural redhead or faux redhead, these tips will take your red hair to the next level chic!
Natural redheads can have cool, warm or neutral undertones. It’s important to understand what undertone you have if you are going bottle red. Your hairstylist can help you with your own personal color analysis. Not all redheads are the same. There are strawberry, copper, auburn, burgundy and fire engine red.
- Eyeliner: When it comes to eyeliner, navy looks better than black.
2. Brows: Tint your eyebrows a little if you are dying your hair red. Dark and black eyebrows can be harsh against red hair. If they are already light enough to fill in, try taupe.
3. Blush: Peach, apricot and coral blushes are a must for redheads.
4. Lips: Redheads look fabulous in red lipstick. Bricks, coppers and burgundy are very workable too.
5. Clothes: Colors that look good on red heads are coral, plum, peaches, gold, coppers, and jewel tones. Jewel tones like emerald greens, citrine, sapphire blue, and amethyst. Warmer redheads can wear plenty of gold too! Blues that look good with red hair are sapphire, teals, navy, aqua and navy.
6. Unleash your freckles. If you have freckles naturally, play these beauty marks up by using a sheer foundation or bb crème. If you don’t have natural freckles just add them with an eyeliner or eyebrow pencil in a soft brown, copper or taupe.
7. Try gold jewelry rather than silver. Gold tends to add warmth to coppery and auburn redheads.
Our lipstick shades for redheads: